The Local Government Boundary Commission for England (LGBCE) has published its proposals for how the boundaries of our local area, the Harrow Road ward, could change.
This is 'boring but important' as these boundaries define who chooses our representatives at elections. These reviews, if done well, should mean that elections are fair and our councillors and MP represent areas that make sense geographically. It's also a chance to rename the wards.
We've made a map of the proposed changes as they affect our area. The Commission is asking people to give their views on the following questions by 9 December 2019.
- Do the proposed wards reflect local communities?
- How do you think the proposals can be improved?
- Are the names of the proposed wards right?
The Forum will be submitting a response, and will update this page when we have drafted it. Some preliminary questions include:
- Do you think the name of the ward should be "Maida Hill" rather than "Harrow Road"?
- What do you think of the proposal for the v-shaped area bounded by Chippenham Road and Elgin Avenue to become part of Maida Hill ward?
To find out more, visit: https://consultation.lgbce.org.uk/node/16234 (it's listed as "City of Westminster London Borough" on the front page).
We welcome comments on the proposals - let us know what you think!